I’m not much one for keeping score, but as another year goes by it’s nice to spend a few moments thinking about all the things we’ve done, the places we’ve been, and especially all the delicious things we’ve eaten.
I ate a lot of good stuff this year and here, in no particular order, are a few that stuck in my mind.
- No. 2 Burger – Pearl’s Diner, Adelaide
- Springbok, corn, pap and apple – The Saxon, Johannesburg
- Kuruma-ebi nigiri sushi – Sukiyabashi Jiro, Ginza
- Chicago-style deep-dish sausage pizza – made by my sister-in-law who lives in Ohio
- Oysters and Succulents – Attica, Ripponlea
- Banana leaf – Nirvana, Bangsar
- Taco rice cheese yasai – King Tacos, Okinawa
- Lantern yakitori – Torishiki, Meguro
- King George Whiting usuzukuri – Sokyo, Sydney
- Injera and wat – Abyssinia, Indianapolis
- Congee with ham, yolk and Earl Grey tea – Momofuku Seiobo, Sydney